Narendra Damodardas Modi is India’s 14th and current Prime Minister. He is the Member of Parliament for Varanasi. He was the Chief Minister of Gujarat from 2001 to 2014. Modi is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and is the first prime minister outside of the Indian National Congress to win two consecutive terms with a full majority. PM Modi led the BJP in the 2014 general election, which gave the party an astounding majority in the Lok Sabha, the first time for any single party since 1984
Narendra Modi is an Indian politician who became the 14th Prime Minister of India in 2014 and represents the Bhartiya Janta Party. He served as the Chief Minister of Gujarat for 13 years from 2001 to 2014. Modi is the first non-congress Prime Minister to win twice consecutively in 2014 and 2019 respectively.
Narendra Modi Age, Height, Weight, Wife, Family, Biography & More
He joined the BJP in 1985. Modi belonged to an OBC family and has made his way up through these years. He has initiated various movements to put an end to corruption like Demonetization and the GST act. He has also been a figure of controversy due to his Hindutva ideologies. Also Read – Donald Trump Biography
Let us learn about his Biography:
Name: Narendra Damodardas Modi
Born: 17 September 1950
Place of Birth: Vadnagar, Mehsana (Gujarat)
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Spouse Name: Smt. Jashodaben Modi
Education: SSC – 1967 from SSC board, Gujarat; BA in Political Science a distance-education course from Delhi University, Delhi; PG MA – 1983 Gujarat University, Ahmedabad (acc. to the affidavit before Election Commission)
Political Party: Bharatiya Janta Party
Prime Minister of India: Since 26 May 2014
Preceded by: Manmohan Singh
Favorite Leaders: Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda
Modi completed his higher secondary education from his hometown Vadnagar and later graduated in Bachelor of Arts in political science from the School of Open Learning at the University of Delhi. He completed his post-graduation from Gujarat University in a Master of Arts in political science. Also Read – Justin Trudeau Biography
- Father – Damodardas Mulchand Modi
- Mother – Hiraben Modi
- Siblings – Prahlad Modi (Brother), Pankaj Modi (Brother), Soma Modi (Brother), Amrit Modi (Brother), Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Jashodaben Narendrabhai Modi (1968-Present) – Jashodaben and Narendra Modi got married in the year 1968. They have an estranged marriage.
Modi has endorsed brands like –
- Incredible India
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Narendra Modi Favorite Things
- Food – White Khatta Dhokla, Khilli hui Khichdi, Besan Khandvi, Undhiyu, Almond Pistachio Shrikhand
- Song – O Pavan Weg se Udhne waale ghode
- Movies – Guide
- Books – Life Of Benjamin Franklin, Biography of Swami Vivekanand
- Leaders – Swami Vivekanand, Mahatma Gandhi
- Singers – Lata Mangeshkar
Early Life And Political Career
Modi was raised in a small town in northern Gujarat, and he completed an M.A. degree in political science from Gujarat University in Ahmadabad. He joined the pro-Hindu Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) organization in the early 1970s and set up a unit of the RSS’s students’ wing, the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, in his area. Modi rose steadily in the RSS hierarchy, and his association with the organization significantly benefited his subsequent political career. Also Read – Sachin Tendulkar Profile, Records, Family, Biography & More
Modi joined the BJP in 1987, and a year later he was made the general secretary of the Gujarat branch of the party. He was instrumental in greatly strengthening the party’s presence in the state in succeeding years. In 1990 Modi was one of the BJP members who participated in a coalition government in the state, and he helped the BJP achieve success in the 1995 state legislative assembly elections that in March allowed the party to form the first-ever BJP-controlled government in India. The BJP’s control of the state government was relatively short-lived, however, ending in September 1996.
Narendra Modi: Awards and Recognition
In a survey conducted by India Today Magazine, he was named as the best Chief Minister in the country in 2007.
– In 2009, FDI magazine honoured Narendra Modi the Asian Winner of the Personality of the Year award.
– In TIME’s Asian edition of March 2012, he was featured on the cover page.
– On Forbes magazine’s list of the world’s Most Powerful People’ in 2014, he ranked at 15.
– In 2014, 2015 and 2017, he was listed among ‘Time 100 most influential people in the world’ by Time magazine.
– In 2014, he was awarded Indian of the Year by CNN-IBN news network.
– Time Magazine in 2015 released ’30 most influential people on the internet list and he was named as the second most-followed politician on Twitter and Facebook.
– In 2015, Modi was ranked the 13th-Most-Influential Person in the World by Bloomberg Markets Magazine.
– In 2015, he was ranked fifth on Fortune Magazine’s first annual list of the “World’s Greatest Leaders”.
– In 2016, a wax statue of Modi was unveiled at Madame Tussaud Wax Museum in London.
– In 2016 PM Narendra Modi was conferred with the Amir Amanullah Khan Award, the highest civilian honour of Afghanistan.
– In April 2016, he was conferred with the Saudi Arabia’s highest civilian honour ‘King Abdulaziz Sash’ by King Salman bin Abdulaziz.
– In 2017, the Gallup International Association (GIA) conducted a poll and ranked Modi as the third top leader of the world. Also Read – Ms Dhoni Indian Cricket Player Biography & More
Narendra Modi: Major Works
In Narendra Modi biography major works are mentioned below:
– After becoming the CM of Gujarat in his second term in 2002, he focused on the economic development of the state and makes it an attractive destination for businessmen and industrialists.
– In his third term of CM in 2007, he improved the agricultural growth rate, provided electricity to all villages and fortifies the rapid development of the state.
– When he was the CM of Gujarat with the support of the government created groundwater conservation projects. This had helped in the cultivation of Bt cotton with the help of irrigation facility via tube wells. Do you know that Gujarat became the largest producer of Bt Cotton?
The poem was written by PM Narendra Modi
It is the celebration of aiming for the skies,
It is my flight to the sun.
It’s my glory in this life and beyond
I hold my own strings…
With my footprints on the ground
I have the bird’s eye view.
It does not get entangled
With a host of other kites…
Nor does it get caught in boughs of trees.
Like my own chant of the Gayatri mantra.
Poor or rich, they all
Enjoy collecting a kite cut loose.
An enjoyment of its own kind.
A kite cut loose
Gathers the experience of the blue unknown
Of the winds moving and directions…
It bears testimony
To the heights, it has scaled and time it has spent thereon.
My flight to the sun…
The life of a kite is in its twine
The kite’s Shiva is in the skies
Its own twine in my hands
And my own twine in Shiva’s hands…
For the kite of life (the air we breathe)
Shiva sits in the Himalayas.
The dreams of a kite
Are higher than the man’s,
Since the kite flies near Shiva
And the man sits here
Disentangling the twine.
– by Narendra Modi
Narendra Modi Facts
- He became the 14th Prime Minister of India in 2014.
- He was born into a family of oil-pressing communities.
- Narendra Modi left his house when he was 17 years old to wander into the Himalayas and take complete sanyas.
- He wanted to get into the Indian Army but due to financial constraints, he could not do so.
- He was a tea seller at Vadnagar station. Narendra Modi Age Height Weight Wife Family Biography & More
Thank you very much for visiting my site. Don’t forget to visit again BornoLipi Every day We Publish Bollywood, Hollywood, Entertainment, Lifestyle, TV, Sports, Technology, And More Update News.