Joe Biden is an American politician who is known for being the 47th vice president of the United States from 2009 to 2017. Donald Trump to be the 46th U.S. President. His term as President of the United States started on January 20, 2021. Joe Biden is the president of the United States. He also served as Barack Obama’s vice president from 2008-2016.
Who Is Joe Biden?
Joe Biden briefly worked as an attorney before turning to politics. He became the fifth-youngest U.S. senator in history as well as Delaware’s longest-serving senator. His 2008 presidential campaign never gained momentum, but Democratic nominee Barack Obama selected him as his running mate, and Biden went on to serve two terms as the 47th vice president of the United States. In 2017, at the close of his administration, Obama presented Biden with the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Two years later Biden launched his campaign for U.S. president and was elected as the 46th president of the United States. Also Read – Donald Trump Biography & More
Big-hearted Joe, Uncle Joe, Amtrak Joe, Sleepy Joe, Sloppy Joe
Joe Biden: Birth, Early Life and Education
Joe Biden was born on 20 November 1942 to Catherine Eugenia “Jean” Biden and Joseph Robinette Biden Sr. at St. Mary’s Hospital in Scranton, Pennsylvania, U.S. His father was initially wealthy but fell into economic decline around the time Biden was born. At school, Biden was class President in his junior as well as senior years.
Joe Biden: Career
In 1968, Biden served as a clerk at a Wilmington law firm headed by prominent local Republican William Prickett where he thought of himself as a ‘Republican’ and disliked incumbent Democratic Delaware governor Charles L. Terry. He rather supported liberal Republican, Russell W. Peterson.
In 1969, he started practicing law as a public defender and then at a firm headed by a locally active Democrat where he subsequently registered as a Democrat. Also Read – Ms Dhoni Indian Cricket Player Biography & More
18th longest-serving Senator in the U.S. History
Joe Biden was elected to the Senate in 1972 and was re-elected in 1978, 1984, 1990, 1996, 2002, and 2008– becoming the 18th longest-serving Senator in the U.S. History (as of 2020). Biden was a Democratic floor manager of the controversial Comprehensive Crime Control Act which included the Federal Assault Weapons Ban and the Violence Against Women Act. In 2019, Biden cited his role in passing the said bill as a big mistake
2008 Presidential Election
Biden chose not to run for US Presidential Elections in 1992 and 2004. In January 2007, he declared his candidacy in the 2008 Presidential Election. However, on 3 January 2008, he withdrew from the race.
After his withdrawal, Obama requested Biden for the vice-presidential post in his administration, which was initially turned down by Biden. However, after conducting secret meetings with Biden, Obama announced Joe Biden as his running mate. Also Read – Justin Trudeau Biography & More
2012 Presidential Election
Joe Biden In October 2010, Obama requested Biden as his running mate for the 2012 Presidential Election. However, on the basis of secret polling conducted by White House Chief of Staff William M. Daley, there were plans to replace Biden on the ticket with Hillary Clinton. On 6 November 2012, both Barack Obama and Joe Biden were announced as the President and Vice-President of the U.S. respectively. On 21 October 2015, Biden announced not to run for the 2016 Presidential Election.
2020 Presidential Election
On 25 April 2019, Joe Biden launched his campaign for the 2020 Presidential Election and on 11 August 2020, he announced U.S. Senator Kamala Harris of California as his running mate. She is the first African American and South Asian American vice-presidential nominee on a major-party ticket.
In November 2020, Biden was elected as the 46th President and his running mate Kamala Harris as the Vice-President of the United States, defeating the incumbent Donald Trump and Mike Pence. With this, he became the first candidate to defeat a sitting president since Bill Clinton who defeated George H. W. Bush in 1992. He is also the second non-incumbent Vice-President (after Richard Nixon in 1968) to be elected president.
Joe Biden: Personal Life
Joe Biden On 27 August 1966, Biden married Neilia Hunter. The couple gave birth to three children– Joseph R. “Beau” Biden III, Robert Hunter Biden, and Naomi Christina “Amy” Biden.
A few weeks after the election, Biden’s wife Neilia and Naomi were killed in an automobile accident while Christmas shopping in Hockessin, Delaware on 18 December 1972.
Biden met Jill Tracy Jacobs on a blind date in 1975 and married on 17 June 1977 at the United Nations chapel, New York. The couple gave birth to Ashley Blazer. Also Read – Sachin Tendulkar Profile, Records, Family, Biography & More
- Father – Joseph Robinette Biden Sr.
- Mother – Catherine Eugenia Biden (née Finnegan)
- Siblings – James Brian Biden (Younger Brother), Valerie Biden (Younger Sister), Francis W. Biden (Younger Brother)
- Others – Joseph Harry Biden (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Elizabeth Robinette (Paternal Grandmother), Ambrose Joseph Finnegan (Maternal Grandfather), Geraldine Catherine/Catharine Blewitt (Maternal Grandmother)
Joe Biden Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Biden has dated –
- Neilia Hunter (1966-1972) – He married Neilia Hunter on August 27, 1966, and the duo was blessed with 3 children, namely, Joseph R. “Beau” Biden III (b. 1969), Robert Hunter (b. 1970), and Naomi Christina (b. 1971). Unfortunately, Neilia Hunter and Naomi Christina lost their lives in an automobile accident on December 18, 1972.
- Jill Jacobs (1975-Present) – He first met educator Jill Tracy Jacobs in 1975 and they eventually got married on June 17, 1977, by a Catholic priest at the Chapel at the United Nations in New York. The duo parents a daughter named Ashley Blazer (b. 1981).
Joe Biden Facts
- He was born at St. Mary’s Hospital in Scranton.
- Joe Biden achieved the feat of becoming the 3rd youngest man ever elected Senator in U.S. history.
- He was included in Time magazine’s “100 Most Influential People in the World” list in 2013.
- In January 2017, he was awarded the Presidential Medal Of Freedom by President Obama.
- He has claimed to have been a non-drinker throughout his life. Joe Biden Age Height Weight Wife Family Biography
Thank you very much for visiting my site. Don’t forget to visit again BornoLipi Every day We Publish Bollywood, Hollywood, Entertainment, Lifestyle, TV, Sports, Technology, And More Update News.